Last week we had the pleasure of attending the 2017 Staff Development for Educators Conference in Las Vegas. We met with thousands of passionate teachers all sharing new ideas and tips for better engagement in the classroom. It was a great to see how educators were immediately looking at different methods to bring aquaponics kits into their lesson plans.
Some of the takeaways from the SDE Conference include:
- "Gather techniques for effective classroom, time, and behavior management to maximize instruction and build student independence.
- Identify developmentally appropriate practices to build strong foundational skills in reading, writing, and math.
- Focus on prevention over intervention through purposeful instruction from the start of the year.
- Motivate and engage students through inquiry-based learning in a child-centered environment.
- Make lasting connections, thrive upon the energy, and build momentum for the new school year with thousands of like-minded educators."